As spring approaches, it time to get prepped for a healthy springtime glow. Here’s a few tips to help you get your ‘sun-kissed’ glow on.
- The first step to a ‘Sun-Kissed Glow’ is to start making your skincare regime a habit!
- Cleanse your skin morning and night. Morning cleansing removes any toxins the skin eliminates during the night, it also helps to prepare your skin for makeup. In the evening it’s important to remove all makeup and dirt from your face (no matter how late you get in). Cleansing removes impurities, excess oil and dead skin cells that build up on your skin.
- The next step is to use a toner, this will help restore your skins natural pH balance as well as helping to close the pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing.
- Always use a moisturiser, it helps to hydrate your skin, prevent flaking and dullness. A moisturiser provides a protective layer over your skin that lasts all day. You should never skip this step, even if you have oily skin.
- Now that your skin is cleaned and prepped the next step to glowing skin is to use a tinted moisturiser, CC crème or light foundation, just enough to even out your skin tone. These foundations are light weight and leaves the skin radiant with a translucent finish. Avoid heavy foundations and concealers, these stop your natural glow from shining through.
- Use a peachy pink shade of blusher on the apple of your cheek, don’t over-do it, you are aiming for rosy sun kissed cheeks.
- Bronzer can make or break this look. Add a light layer of bronzer, a shade or two darker than your natural skin colour. Apply it across your forehead, under your cheekbone and along your jawbone, in a similar pattern to the number 3.
- You don’t have to give up the eyeshadow because its spring, just put away the dark matt eyeshadows and replace them with lighter shimmery or metallic tones. Rose gold and silver are a must this spring for your night-time makeup.
- Throw out the lipliner and bold, bright colours. Lips this season are like our skin, dewy and rosy. Like our metallic eyeshadow, rosy lips with a gold hue is all the rage. The finish is sheer and can be worn during the day or night.
- Don’t forget the highlighter, this is essential for achieving your sun-kissed glow, but never overdo it, apply to your fingertips and ‘tap’ it along the top of the cheekbone for a natural glow.
- No matter the season, never leave home without a good coating of quality mascara on our lashes. Mascara is like the frame around the photo, it finishes the picture perfectly.
- Winter weather can be tough on our hair, make sure you schedule an appointment with your hairdresser to cut or trim the dry, dead ends, don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you’re going to lose a lot of length. By getting a trim you are saying goodbye to split ends and hello to beautiful healthy hair.
- Springtime brings humidity which causes havoc with our hair, to tame the frizz, spray hairspray onto a tissue and wipe the tissue over the ‘flyaway’ hairs, frizzy hair is now tamed!
What are your tips to achieving a ‘sun-kissed’ glow?